McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), is the world’s largest dedicated security technology company. McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that help secure systems, networks, and mobile devices around the world, allowing users to safely connect to the Internet, browse, and shop the web more securely.
Position: Senior Technical Writer
Experience & Qualifications
- BS/MCA/BE degree and/or equivalent experience.
- 4-8 years’ experience as a technical writer, preferably in the product software industry.
- Competencies/Skill sets required for the role: (Must have)
- Excellent writing skills. Topic-oriented, structured writing a plus.
- Excellent project and time management skills. Ability to multitask, prioritize, and develop and maintain own schedules.
- Ability to work as lone writer on a product team of programmers, QA engineers, project managers or to collaborate closely with other writers as needed.
- Familiarity writing for a systems administrator audience.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies, processes, and concepts.
- Tools: XMetal, DITA Open Toolkit, Acrolinx
- Knowledge of XML, XSLT, CSS, Content Management.
- Competencies/Skill sets required for the role
- Experience working with translators and localization specialists; planning and maintaining localization schedules.
- Knowledge of other publishing and office software such as Visio, Photoshop or Paintshop Pro, MindMaps, Camtasia
- Familiarity with Internet, computer security, embedded, encryption technologies and concepts.
Last date : 14th March 2014